Applications are open for the ACE Open x Kochi Biennale Foundation Residency Exchange programme.
ACExKBF will involve two India-based artists travelling to and working in Adelaide, Australia, and two South Australia-based artists travelling to and working in Kochi. The residency programme will afford artists the resources for research and production of new work, as well as opportunities for new exchanges among artists and cultural spaces in Kochi and Adelaide.
The present call invites applications from practicing contemporary artists based in India for a residency at ACE Open in Adelaide, Australia. The residency opportunity is for three weeks between Mar 1 and May 31, 2020. Details below.
This residency exchange is realised jointly by the Kochi Biennale Foundation and ACE Open with the support of the Australia Council for the Arts.
The selected artists from India will receive the following:
- A grant of Rs 2,80,000 (6000 AUD) will be provided to each artist. This is to cover travel (includes flights and insurances) and residency (includes per diem).
- ACE Open will provide studio spaces for the duration of the residency.
- ACE Open will provide accommodation for the duration of the residency.
- ACE Open will provide support with setting up meetings with and visits to artists, institutions and studios.
- Kochi Biennale Foundation and ACE Open will assist the awarded artists with their travel and visa requirements
Interested artists may please send the following material to [email protected] with the subject-line ‘ACExKBF Residency Exchange’ by Oct 30, 2019.
- Portfolio of works
A representation of previous works. This could be pdf, images, link to your website, or a link to a file-hosting site.
This should contain basic biographical information, and details of participation in exhibitions, residencies, etc.
- Statement of practice (200 words)
A brief note about your art practice.
- Statement of intent (200 words)
A brief proposal for the residency in Adelaide. This must also mention what impact you think the ACExKBF Exchange will have on your practice.
Evaluation of applications will be done by a selection panel consisting of the directors and residency heads of the Kochi Biennale Foundation and ACE Open. Short-listed applicants may be required to send further documents. The final selection will be completed by Nov 30, 2019.
ABOUT ACE OPEN
ACE Open provides transformative contemporary art experiences for artists and audiences from its CBD art space in Adelaide, South Australia. As South Australia’s flagship contemporary art gallery, ACE Open presents a year-round program of free exhibitions by practicing South Australian, Australian and international artists. ACE’s programs extend the edges of contemporary visual art practice, embrace diversity and provide a space for artists and audiences to take risks. Visit their website here.