Pepper House Residency
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Kochi Biennale Foundation invites applications from an artist based in India for a two-month residency at Pepper House Fort Kochi.
The residency is open to artists working in any medium, and will last for two months from Feb 28 to Apr 28, 2018. Resident artists will be offered studio space at Pepper House, accommodation, travel expenses, daily allowance, and finite material support. The artist will be invited by the selection committee based on her/his portfolio.
To apply, please send 1) your portfolio of works, 2) CV, and 3) brief letter of intent (max 200 words) to [email protected] by Feb 16, 2018.
Pepper House Residency programme is an international residency opportunity for artists from all disciplines to work and collaborate within a studio space situated at the Pepper House, Fort Kochi. The space of the Pepper House Residency consists of extensive studio facilities (for production), the Laboratory of Visual Arts library (for research), and the Pepper House cafe (for dialogue). The residency is structured on the idea of a three-dimensional approach to creativity in which the idea of artistic practice is supported by its two necessary extensions – public interaction and inquiry.
Pepper House Residency objectives
- To contribute a space of expression and dialogue for artists
- To provide an opportunity to upcoming and established artists to find new possibilities in various media.
- To seek and open channels of communication between the artist and public.
For the community
- To create awareness about art and art education.
- To help art enthusiasts explore and interact with contemporary art
- To serve as a space for the exploration and evolution of the idea and themes of the Kochi-Muziris Biennale
Information about past residents at Pepper House is here.