- Reporting to : Biennale Director, Director of Programmes, Curator, Managing Committee and CEO.
The Production Manager is a crucial leadership role, responsible for managing all technical and physical planning aspects of the exhibition including exhibition budget development and tracking, coordinating the submission of License Agreements, Artist Agreements, Loan Agreements and development applications for Artworks, working directly with artists on their projects, management of the Operational Team and the Technical Team, support the accounts team in submitting vouchers, invoices, and bills, planning and oversight of the installation and de-installation processes and day to day relations with Exhibition Partners.
During the exhibition, the Production Manager is based both at the KBF office and across the Kochi-Muziris Biennale (KMB) venues.
The Production Manager reports directly to the Biennale Director, Director of Programmes, Curator, Managing Committee and Administrative Officer.
The Production Manager should:-
- Work with Biennale Director, Curator and Director of Programmes for setting up and running of KMB 2022.
- Write, review, and administer contracts where necessary.
- Gather technical riders and install riders from the artists and strictly follow the same. In the case the requested specifications are not available, find out the next best options and negotiate with the artist.
- Coordinate various teams on ground – contractors, consultants, production staff and volunteers. Liaise with various KBF departments and keep communication transparent and updated, and all actions approved. Manage related agreements, budgets, and timelines.
- Liaise with artists to coordinate all aspects of setting up. Negotiate loans where relevant with artists, collectors, public and private institutions. With the exhibition team, oversee all incoming information and material relating to the artists, works and installation requirements. Maintain communications with artists until return of work.
- With the assistance of the Production Team and the Shipping Agents, prepare and supervise installation and unpacking and de-installation and repacking of the exhibition in conjunction.
- Work closely with Admin, HR and Finance Divisions to supervise the order, purchase and rentals of all materials and equipment for exhibition.
- Should arrange all necessary documents /information required for the insurance cover of each Artwork to be forwarded to the Insurance Company the moment transit of each Artwork begins.
- Manage and support the exhibition in tasks with regards to venue preparation, logistics, transport, install and de-install, security, registration and insurance of all the artworks commissioned and loaned for the exhibition.
- To ensure that appropriate advice/signage is presented at exhibition venues.
- Oversee the handling, packing notes, registration and condition reporting of all works in the exhibition at all venues.
- Be responsible for establishing and maintaining key schedule dates for every project.
- Budgetary control and the formation of estimates of expenditure for exhibitions.
- Lead, coordinate and manage exhibitions according to the project planning process to ensure efficient and cost-effective delivery of projects. Day-to-day management and administration of those projects.
- Lead invigilation and maintenance of work and venues during the course of the Biennale, and supply regular condition reports.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is filed and archived at KBF
- Develop a project close-out manual to include debriefing, improvement points etc.
Click here to apply.