Reporting to: Curator & Artistic Director, Biennale Director, Director of Programmes
Job Responsibilities – Programmes Manager (Curatorial)
Assist the Curator and Artistic Director works closely with Artistic Director and Biennale Director and supports them in the administration and delivery of the Exhibition at KMB 2022-23
The curatorial assistant needs to be highly organised, adaptable, with good communication skills, and able to multitask, and work under pressure. S/he will be required to work with multiple aspects of the biennale, and the various teams handling them.
PROGRAMMES MANAGER: CURATORIAL
SCOPE OF WORK
Work closely with the Curator to maintain timelines, production schedules and conversations with all parties including the foundation, artists, funders, galleries, production team, Shipping agency, PR agency and volunteers.
- Work closely with the Curator to maintain timelines, production schedules and conversations with all parties including the foundation, artists, funders, galleries, production team, Shipping agency, PR agency and volunteers.
- Be excellent at Microsoft office and maintain detailed records as requested by the Curator. These will include collating funding sheets, persons of interest information and artist files.
- Liaise with the artists, their funding agencies and galleries to maintain up to date conversations. Follow up with them on the progress of works (if they are commissioned new works), maintain an artist sheet with their updated bio, technical specifications, images of the work, artist portraits and details of the work.
- Support the curator in writing funding proposals; develop budgets and any other requirements as requested by the funding agency.
- Participate in the meetings and maintain minutes of the meeting, and any necessary follow-up as decided therein.
- Assist with management and oversee the production of the exhibition. Liaise with the artists, production team, vendors and volunteers to ensure smooth and timely installation; oversee interns/volunteers.
- Conceptualise with the curator and work with the Media and Documentation team to develop material for the Biennale’s publication including short film on the artists, artist portraits, documentation of artist visits and biennale film amongst other material.
- Assist in the planning and installation of exhibitions, including management of checklists, schedules, loans, and databases; serving as liaison with the Chief Curator’s internal and external contacts, including artists, trustees, donors, production and PR and Foundation departments, Publications, and Research Resources.
- Oversee the Travel logistics team to ensure travel, lodging and maintenance of any parties invited to Kochi for Biennale purposes is arranged and met.
- Confirm the arrangement of individual itineraries of speakers/artists and transport with the Foundation team.
- Co-ordinate, collate and prepare curatorial information to meet press and marketing deadlines. Co-ordinate and oversee the social media strategy implementation.
- Along with the Curator oversee and ensure all projects and curatorial activities are suitably promoted and well documented.
- Interest in Arts Management with an understanding of Contemporary Art. A degree in the arts and/or humanities is an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in a museum, gallery, foundation, non-profit, artist studio, or artist run space or a similar organisation.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with and lead teams.
- Experience in producing events is an advantage.
- A strong knowledge of and interest in contemporary art, as well as in one or more among: live art, theatre, film, music and theory.
- You will be able to prioritise your work to meet deadlines and be able to maintain attention to detail under pressure.
Click here to apply