- No of positions : 02
- Location : Kochi
- Manage and lead the realisation of the Student’s Biennale exhibitions and projects. The SB coordinator will be the primary contact for curators, the foundation and the students.
- Coordinate with staff at the art schools and facilitate communications between the students, staff and curators of SB.
- Plan travel for research visits with curators, during workshops and other programmes conducted in various art schools. The coordinator may also be required to travel to art schools and attend orientations and workshops for monitoring and reporting processes.
- Work with and support the Director of Programmes in the organisation and planning of all KBF Programmes including Students Biennale and Art by Children (ABC) Programme.
- Work with the Production Managers and Curators to budget the exhibition and execute its installation and maintenance including sites, refurbishment, exhibition design, texts, lighting and shipping.
- Support the finance team for the procurement of invoices from Curators and Students for auditing purposes.
- Lead the Programme Team to plan its work to develop and deliver the year-round integrated programme of commissions, talks and events, education activity, public art projects and publications.
- Ensure that the planning and delivery of all aspects of the programme are well managed, with strong and clear lines of delegation of roles and structured team working.
- Ensure that interdependences and communication with Marketing, Development, Operations and Finance teams are very clear.
- Write and edit programme reports and funding reports for projects.
- Produce Programme Team Board Reports in accordance with the agreed schedule and house style, for each Board or sub-committee meeting.
- Administer and monitor all contracts and budgets, work with the Production Manager in ensuring the smooth organisation of logistics, transport, security, registration and insurance of commissions.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Programme are integrated and delivered on time and within budget.
- Liaise, communicate, convene, attend and record meetings, and oversee the general ‘hosting’ of artists and guests.
- Have overall responsibility for the production, installation, maintenance and de-installation of Student’s Biennale exhibitions and projects.
- Oversee the production schedules of Student’s Biennale exhibitions and public realm commissions, and work with artists to problem solve.
- Support and negotiate with artists and sponsors as needed.
- Assist the Director – Programmes in the formal (contractual) relationships between contractors, curators and partners.
- Develop and deliver artist residencies and workshops
- Initiate and lead regular meetings with the Programme, Production and Marketing teams.
- Liaise with Biennial partners and venues, on a regular basis, ensuring that venue staff are fully briefed on schedules, installation plans and artists’ requirements.
- Coordinate with the Production Manager, artist site visits, including site research, transport, access and permissions.
- Respond to maintenance enquiries during the Biennale, ensuring that all Student Biennale exhibitions and installations are running smoothly.
- Structure an efficient recording and upkeeping of information within the department.
Management of Finances
- Provide regular financial updates to the Director and Head of Finance.
- Plan, forecast and manage the budgets (as agreed in advance with the Director) for the programme and commissions, including the preparation, administration and monitoring of contracts with artists, curator’s partners and with non-partner venues.
- Assist in preparing financial reports for all programmes
- Have lead responsibility for programme petty cash, including per diems for artists, freelance curators and volunteers etc.
- Line manages the Programme Coordinator, coordinate and manage the workload for Volunteers, Mediators, Interns and Trainees.
- Work with HR Consultant, to ensure that that the team of mediators and volunteers are recruited in good time, properly trained and that they interact with audiences and manage the venues and artworks during the Biennale, with appropriate and support and supervision.
- Strengthen networks, liaise and deal with enquiries from partners, stakeholders, galleries, arts professionals, outside agencies, community groups and the general public.
- Develop and maintain filing systems for the Programmes Department
- Prepare presentations for meetings and conferences, and marketing pitches
- Support the Finance and administration team during financial audits
- Maintain and update of KBF database
Click here to apply.